eFox eCigarettes
New? Join now. Members log in..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

eFox eCigarettes
New? Join now. Members log in..
eFox eCigarettes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my kit, I want to like it but....

+2
annonomys
Jaybyrd
6 posters

Go down

Got my kit, I want to like it but.... Empty Got my kit, I want to like it but....

Post by Jaybyrd Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:05 pm

I am 41 years old and have been smoking since I was 14. I smoke 2 packs a day. I heard about e-cigs on a radio commercial for another brand and thought it sounded interesting so I looked at their web site. A sexy lady was exhaling huge amounts of smoke that was clearly a CGI special effect so I dismissed the idea as a crock.

After visiting that site I started getting junk mail from another company promising a free trial. Well as you can guess the small print revealed that after the 14 day "free trial" my credit card would be charged $150, for 1 battery and atomizer!!! I started Googling and found the E-Fox Site and decided to give it a shot. I was happy that my PCC Deluxe kit arrived 2 days later and as soon as the first battery was charged I tried it out.... Now the reason for this post....

The flavor is nothing like a real cigarette, but, I knew that was too much to hope for when I placed my order and although there is plenty of smoke if I puff and don't inhale, there is almost no smoke if I inhale and exhale unless I prime the thing up with a few puffs before inhaling, but, by that time I have e-juice on my lips. YUK!!!

My first cartridge died after about a day but the battery was still going strong, so I dripped 5 drops of e-juice into the cartridge but the smoke did not return, I dripped 5 more drops and still no smoke,,, by this time the battery started blinking so I changed the battery and still no smoke. Then I tried a new cartridge and got the same level of smoke as the first cartridge but lots of juice on my lips with every puff.

I have been reading posts here about problems with atomizers and cartridges. Some people advise cleaning the atomizer or dripping different amounts of juice and so forth. Some people say an atomizer needs to be replaced after a month or a cartridge needs 3 drops of juice or 10 drops of juice and on and on.

So whats the deal? How many drops to fill a cartridge back to the level of a new pre-filled one? How do you "clean" an atomizer without destroying it? When do you need to buy a new atomizer? How can you tell if the atomizer needs to be replaced?

In my opinion the E-Fox product seems to offer a lot more for the money than their competitors but because e-cigs are a new technology marketed to long time smokers, one thing needs major improvement. The instruction manual,,,, or should I say instruction "card" that is obviously a very poor interpretation from the Chinese manufacturer. I mean, COME ON!!! That card has no instructions at all, it is just a generic parts list and pictures of E-Cig components, most of which do not look at all like E-Fox components. The best thing E-Fox can do to improve their product is to invest in a DVD burner so they can send a video about how to use and maintain the product they sell to new customers.

If E-Fox or any other company wants to get smokers to switch to their product they need to understand one thing above all else,,, every smoker knows how to stick a cigarette in their mouth and light it and for smokers change is hard. Find a way to make change easier and smokers will give it a chance, make it a mystery and they will just buy more cigarettes.

Jaybyrd

Back to top Go down

Got my kit, I want to like it but.... Empty Re: Got my kit, I want to like it but....

Post by annonomys Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:48 pm

i had the same problem at first but i noticed if you add about three drops each time you start losing vapor and two directly on the atomizer it produces alot of vapor also try long slow drags

annonomys

Back to top Go down

Got my kit, I want to like it but.... Empty Re: Got my kit, I want to like it but....

Post by Jaybyrd Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I'd still like to know how to properly clean the atomizer in case that is related to the problem. I know smoke shops sell liquid cleaning fluid for pipe smokers to clean their pipes with and that some pipe smokers clean their pipes with rubbing alcohol but do not know enough about the electronic internals of the atomizer to try them.

Can anybody please give some some advice concerning this?

Jaybyrd

Back to top Go down

Post by annonomys Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 pm

i heard youre suppose to soak them in cola or vinegar but theres a ton of videos showing you how to do it properly on youtube ill try to post a link, also what kit do you have the 510 or the vgo

annonomys

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybyrd Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:47 pm

I have the 510 PCC Deluxe. PCC case, 2 batteries, 1atomizer, 5 carts, and 1 10 ml bottle of juice (reg strength non menthol).

Jaybyrd

Back to top Go down

Post by annonomys Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:54 pm

if your having trouble getting vapor id try getting the vgo battery its 900mah instead of 180 thats what i have and ive had it for about a week and its still producing a ton of vapor plus all your 510 parts are compatible

annonomys

Back to top Go down

Post by montanawildroses Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 pm

i clean my threads with a qtip dipped in rubbing alcahol and put the blow thru the atty from the yhread end to clean it. i also rest my atty at nite in an ashtray with no filter on it to let any excess liquids dry. vapor wise i add a drop of water to my carts when i fill it and it seems to improve the vapor production and i even get extra fills of nicotine as it goes further.attys are like lightbulbs tho and sometimes just dont last for as long as we think they should.i try to keep spares around and batteries as well. hope this helps

montanawildroses

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybyrd Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Just for anyone else who might read this thread because they have some of the same questions I did, I'd like to add that I have done some research myself on another e-cig forum that seems to have been up and running for a long time and read some threads pertaining to these things. The posters on that site have been making homemade carts and making modifications to other brands of e-cigs such as increasing battery voltage and machining the attys. I'm not recommending any of this I'm just mentioning it to show the experience level of some of the posters. Anyway according to one guy who has a lot of posts the best way to clean the atomizer is to soak it in a vibrating alcohol bath (he is using a fish tank filter pump motor to vibrate a bowl of rubbing alcohol) and then submerge the atty in boiling water. After the atty is clean he uses compressed air (like the kind you get in a can to clean your computer keyboard) to dry the atty. He said it is vital to get the atty completely dry otherwise it won't work well until it drys out from use.

Also, I learned a trick on You-Tube to get more vapor from an e-cig and I can testify that it works. Wrap your finger and thumb tightly around the area where the atty and battery connect when you take a drag, thus, restricting the airflow into the atty. The result is slower airflow through the atty which lets the heating element in the atomizer to heat up the liquid in the cart more as you draw from the e-cig.

Jaybyrd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybyrd Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:15 pm

P.S.

The guy who is cleaning his atty's with the vibrating alcohol claims that they work better than new afterward and has a few of them that have lasted over a year.

Jaybyrd

Back to top Go down

Post by natman63 Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:50 am

I agree, instruction manual needs a lot of work. It needs to tell you how to take care of your e-cig. I've looked at a lot of you tube videos, but the atomizer on e-fox doesn't look anything like the ones on you tube. I do like my e-cig, but would like some answers on how to care for it.

natman63

Back to top Go down

Post by raedon40 Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 pm

A friend of mind was showing me how he mixes a little "GLYCERIN" Liquid in with his juice so, I filled my 510 with his mixture and man, did that make a Huge Difference! Alot more Vapor and made it somewhat Stronger. He said he got his "GLYCERIN" at Walgreens. You may want to do some research yourself before using as I don't know a thing about this Liquid Glycerin, I only know that he & all his friends use this mixture but, before I use it all the time, I'm gonna do some research myself...........

raedon40

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybyrd Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Basically glycerin is the stuff that is already in the e-liquid to produce vapor, so it makes sense that adding more will produce more vapor. If you check it out on Wikipedia you will find it is in everything from anti-freeze to Jello. It's completely harmless

Jaybyrd

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannahunt Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Love love LOVE my 510 Elite kit, however I was in the middle of moving and have completely lost my usb to laptop charger and my spare battery. Any ideas on how to get the usb charger replaced? I can't find it for individual sale here or on anyone else's store.

Oh, and on a side note: I LOVE the low resistance cartomizer, it really puts out the vape! bounce

rosannahunt

Back to top Go down

Post by raedon40 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Just send a message to Jim, he will either replace it or sell you another cheap! I have had GREAT Customer service! Tim

raedon40

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannahunt Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 am

super! thanks for the info!

Rosanna

rosannahunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybyrd Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Just wanted to post an update for the folks reading a replying to this thread, so, here it goes.

As much as I hoped that an e-cig would help me quit real cigs, it simply hasn't, I still prefer a real cigarette over vaping. I didn't throw in the towel without a fight though. I bought some e-liquid from another company that is much better tasting than what e-fox sells (sorry e-fox). However it wasn't enough to replace smoking. However the e-fox is good for holding me over when I can't smoke. I keep it by the bed so I can vape instead of getting up in the middle of the night to go outside. I vape when I have the kids in the car, and I vape when I'm sitting in front of the computer so I don't have to continually go outside for a smoke break.

In short, I'm happy with the e-fox and I'll keep using it to satisfy nic fits but until someone comes up with an e-liquid that REALLY tastes like a cigarette Pall Mall still has a loyal customer in me.

Jaybyrd

Back to top Go down

Post by rosannahunt Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:40 am

I did and he was extremely helpful. Waiting on my new battery now!

rosannahunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum